Answered By: Paul Landers Last Updated: Jul 03, 2017 Views: 148
Satellite internet access is naturally slow, so some satellite providers compensate by using a unique technology to speed up the connection. This feature is known by several names, such as:
- Web Acceleration
This technology is usually incompatible with library proxy servers and remote databases. To determine if this is the cause of your issue, follow these steps in this order:
- Call your Satellite provider and ask if they use this technology. They may have a different name for it.
- Ask them to temporarily disable it for you. Remain on the phone with them while you:
- Test to see if you can now access EBSCO databases through TTUHSC.
- Understand that disabling this setting will slow down your internet access.
- Ask your satellite provider if this is a setting that you can toggle ON/OFF yourself.
- Decide if the reduced internet speed is worth access to EBSCO databases through TTUHSC